Jim griffin's JX92s and AC design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm building Jim's vented design using existing cabinets that are very close to the recommended design. The wall thickness is 19mm which I have braced, and I was wondering if I should treat the internal surfaces with felt/bitumen or similar and can anyone recommend how much filling to add, if any.
Thanks Bern.

I've just completed mine 2 weeks ago using 18mm mdf instead of 25mm mdf. This made its internal volume larger. Internally there are no bracings and no bitumen at the moment. The walls has been treated with lacquer just to make it moisture proof.

I've experimented with internal damping, seems that I like all of its internal walls to have 1" foam to minimize reflections. Removing all of the foams (except for the back walls), I noticed blurring of the vocals.

Right now they are singing pretty well with the right amount of air and clarity. Bass is very powerful and extended, I think it's due to the larger internal volume.

If I've to nitpick I think the lower end of the vocals are not as clear as I wanted it to be. Perhaps I'll add a thin layer of bitumen to dampen resonance and see if it helps.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.