Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

FE 206 - best cabinet
FE 206 - best cabinet
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th September 2005, 03:41 PM   #1
Shanghai_planet is offline Shanghai_planet  France
diyAudio Member

Default FE 206 - best cabinet

Hello all,

I'm new on this forum and therefore gonna introcuce myself quickly. I'm french and leaving since one year in China. Before coming to mainland China, I've spent four years in Taiwan. This period of time alowed me to meet many people having a crasy passion for Hifi and sometime for DIY high efficienty speaker. This gave me the envy to start to build my own DIY speakers.
Nevertheless, I've got some question and will apreciate your help

I'm using a 3.5 w 2A3 tube amp and think that a pair of speakers base on a the FE 206E could be a good match. What do you think ?

Concerning the type of enclosure, what the avantage/weak point point of of "horn construction" compare to a "transmission line" or bass reflex base?. I've read that the image of the "horn design" is not as accurate as an BR or TL. Why ?

I'm already listened some lowther and even if I found that they've got a king of "magic", I must also admit that some time, they have a "medium" a litle too "forward". It seem that it is the same thing for the FE 206. I've seen on www.DECWARE.com a modified version which seen to get rid off this problem. What do you think ?. A another point, can we do W/O tweeter as mention on the web site ?

On the same web site, there is a cabinet named "HDT". What do you think ?

I thanks you in advance for your precious advices.

By

FE 206 - best cabinetHide this!Advertise here!