FE 206 - best cabinet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I'm new on this forum and therefore gonna introcuce myself quickly. I'm french and leaving since one year in China. Before coming to mainland China, I've spent four years in Taiwan. This period of time alowed me to meet many people having a crasy passion for Hifi and sometime for DIY high efficienty speaker. This gave me the envy to start to build my own DIY speakers.
Nevertheless, I've got some question and will apreciate your help

I'm using a 3.5 w 2A3 tube amp and think that a pair of speakers base on a the FE 206E could be a good match. What do you think ?

Concerning the type of enclosure, what the avantage/weak point point of of "horn construction" compare to a "transmission line" or bass reflex base?. I've read that the image of the "horn design" is not as accurate as an BR or TL. Why ?

I'm already listened some lowther and even if I found that they've got a king of "magic", I must also admit that some time, they have a "medium" a litle too "forward". It seem that it is the same thing for the FE 206. I've seen on www.DECWARE.com a modified version which seen to get rid off this problem. What do you think ?. A another point, can we do W/O tweeter as mention on the web site ?

On the same web site, there is a cabinet named "HDT". What do you think ?

I thanks you in advance for your precious advices.

By

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.