Folded Horn For Dj Friend--please Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hears the deal,
A friend of mine is a DJ and wants to upgrade his BASS units in his system. I was talking to him and he wants me to look into building a new bass unit for him.
He wants a Folded horn design with dual 12” or 15” subs. He want the bass to go down low enough so you can not only hear it but feel it, I am guessing this is about ~50 Hz (correct me if I am wrong), and he wants the sucker to play in excess on 100Db. Any way I don’t know anything about horn loaded anything. He wants me to look into it so I told him I would. I was wonder if you could direct me to some good recourses on folded horns and possibly some proven designs that I could use science this is my first horn. He would like to keep the size to a maxim of 5’x5’ science he does have to move the sucker. Well that’s it and I would love to get some feed back. And if any of you could help me design one that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Slice

The second link on my first post, has sources for the specified driver and a plan for building the horn. Baltic Birch is being used. That is all that is needed as a part list.

The horn does not go as high as 300 Hz. From the response it looks like it goes down as low as 30 Hz.

If you are looking for a horn to go as high as 300 Hz and as low as 100 Hz, then Bruce Edgars straight horn may fit the bill. You may have to do a search to get info on it.

In my llimited knowledge, I havn't come across any horns that cover 300 to say 50.

SMathews

According to the link I have included, it appears that the upper limit will be around 200 Hz. This looks like an interesting enclosure. I wonder how it compares to some old JBL scoops that we used to use? It would also be interesting to see what 4 of these enclosures would do when oriented correctly with maximum power. This enclosure reminds me somewhat of the EAW BH760. If it can perform like the BH760 it is awesome.

Here is the link: Prototype response.

Later,

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.