Pictures of my completed H-frames

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As promised..

2 Frames glued and screwed together. The left one has speaker spikes installed, I'm wating on a set for the right one. The mid/tweeter panels are still mocked up from cardboard, I'll start working on the MDF panels this week.

I've purchased some really nice Mohagony Veneer to finish the project, but I'm having too much fun listening to the raw MDF speakers...

The lighting wasn't very good, I'll try to take some better ones when the sun is up tomorrow. Please let me know what you think ;)

two_hframes_completed_1.jpg

two_hframes_completed_2.jpg

--Chris

454Casull said:
How does it sound?

Sorry for the slow response, I've been pretty busy listening ;)

They sound awsome. I actually had on wired out of phase for a little while. Took me a bit of time to figure out why the bass sounded much more powerfull with one channel muted ;)

What really impressed me was how much detail they can reproduce. For example on Hotel California from "Eagles Live" the realism of the bass drum is incredible. You can hear the initial mallet strike, the stretching of the skin, and then the note really moves some air in the room :). I also listened to Chesky's Demo disk track #27 the Bass resonance test. For those who haven't listened to this disc, its a solo stand up bass playing in a medium size room. The detail on the pluck of the string (midrange to bass integration) was excellent, and you could really get a sense of wieght from the body of the instrument..

--Chris

mine > Lg cd player/dvd > external Dac Passive volume pot > 4 mini a's > speaker's..

Soon to be upgraded..

DACT volume pot

Cases for amp's.
all 4 chanels of amps done.
Speakers get finnish.
New cables's :D MY ( in house www.zorby-audio.com ) cables

Pair of subwoofer's < Maybe
New cd player..
Tube dac on the way should be here tomorrow :D ( i hope )
Care to see pics of my stuff ?

J'

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.