Its arrived

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My DCX2496 is home now . I have opened it and admired its cheesy copy-cat looks and then shuddered at the War and Peace sized hand book. :(

Why do i have to learn Gaussian Physics just to set the damn thing up :confused:

Oh well . I better drink to a weekend lost learning how to use this thing. I can only guess how much worse it will be daisy chaining the DEQ2496 to it next week :eek:

Madmike2 said:
My DCX2496 is home now . I have opened it and admired its cheesy copy-cat looks and then shuddered at the War and Peace sized hand book. :(

Why do i have to learn Gaussian Physics just to set the damn thing up :confused:

Oh well . I better drink to a weekend lost learning how to use this thing. I can only guess how much worse it will be daisy chaining the DEQ2496 to it next week :eek:

Congratz Bro,

I'm running all digital in my audio chain :

CD -> SRC2496 -> DEQ2496 -> DCX2496 -> amps...

Sounds much better than any analog solution I tried... BTW: Just remember you want to send hot line level signals to the DCX otherwise the noise floor will be audible... especially if you have high sensitivity drivers

Good luck and keep us updated,

--Chris

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh WoW ! ! !

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

I know this the budget model but ^^ see first line

I just hung a microphone where my head would normally be and hit the auto setup thingy (after i set my crossover slopes ) and viola'

Now if only i can figure out how to make it stop 'singing'when there is no signal. thats really annoying :mad:

Madmike2 said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh WoW ! ! !

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :cool:

I know this the budget model but ^^ see first line

I just hung a microphone where my head would normally be and hit the auto setup thingy (after i set my crossover slopes ) and viola'

Now if only i can figure out how to make it stop 'singing'when there is no signal. thats really annoying :mad:

See my first post mike,

You need to increase the signal to the DCX as high as possible and attenuate the analog signals after the DCX before the amplifiers. The DCX has a slght hiss at a fixed level regardless of input/output levels. Its barely audible if you drive 70% or higher analog levels. If you have gain controls on your amplifiers just turn down the amplifier gains and increase your preamp. If not, you can add fixed 24db attenuators on the outputs, or even pots for volume control.

--Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.