Audio Transducers - would anyone be so kind and scan me a chapter...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Audio Transducers, a book by Drs. Earl Geddes and Lidia Lee

Would anyone be so kind and scan me a chapter 6 - Waveguides.

Yes, yes I know that I should buy the book if I need it etc.

The problem is that I live in Estonia, so there are few complications to get the book.

We have no PayPal - so gedlee site is a no go
Amazon does not have it
AudioXpress has but it would cost 70USD + 30USD shipping + 18% import tax on a full 100USD value :(

This gets very expensive and I'm not even sure the book has what I need.

So if anyone can help me I would be happy. And I do promise to buy the book if it has the info I need and can use.

Ergo

It's more this way that I'm researching all I can on tweeter waveguides and this book seems to be of a few that deals with the subject.

I'm especially interested in very short waveguides. Something in order of 25mm to 50mm but with mouth diameter of around 160-300mm

I have LspCad and it has the functionality to simulate waveguide. I also have a speaker box with a ready waveguide that I have measured. The problem is that I can not get them to match too well :( I'm sure it is due my lack of deeper understanding of the subject.

So I need to first learn more and then I know the questions to ask ;)

Ergo

ergo said:
It's more this way that I'm researching all I can on tweeter waveguides and this book seems to be of a few that deals with the subject.

I'm especially interested in very short waveguides. Something in order of 25mm to 50mm but with mouth diameter of around 160-300mm

I have LspCad and it has the functionality to simulate waveguide. I also have a speaker box with a ready waveguide that I have measured. The problem is that I can not get them to match too well :( I'm sure it is due my lack of deeper understanding of the subject.

So I need to first learn more and then I know the questions to ask ;)

Ergo

What do you mean by not matching up very well?

I made a measurement of tweeter flush mounted on big piece of carton paper (kind of IEC baffle). Then I put the tweeter into the waveguide and fastened the waveguide to the same baffle. This way I got an idea how this certain waveguide changes the response of the tweeter without a waveguide.

Now doing the same with LspCad simulation does not give the same result.

I will try to post my measurements and simulations but we have a holiday coming up and it will be a few days befora I can find the time to make it presentable.

Ergo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.