Comments on TL design, pls

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I'm an occasional lurker at his forum.
Now, I want to redesign a TL using Martin King's worksheets.
My doubt is: In the drawing, is the path measured as shown by the dotted lines or it shoud go from the middle of a section to the middle of the other (in this case, the vertical lines would be slanted).

Thanks,

Attachments

• tl path.jpg
    tl path.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 171
Hello Jorge

I´ve just finished a Vifa PL18 ML-TQWP project and had the same doubt when running simulations. Use middle to middle path to start and you´ll be right on target. Surprinsingly, if you choose straight lines path, resulting FR will keep quite the same.

In a MTM config there´s some hints in this forum advising to factor Sd and Vas, by 2 and/or 0.5 . Do a search for GM, Planet10.

Hope this helps
Um abraço

Jose Carlos

Hello, Jose

I've compared the results with lines as shown and slanted ones, little difference.

Now, modeling a ported box using the same dimensions and adjusting port placement gave the same bass but significantly less high freq port output! (using Martin's worksheets).

Abracos,

Jorge

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.