SIARE Loudspeakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SIARE

Charles, thank You for taking time to reply.
The Co. was named SIARE. I figured out they were some subsidiary of AUDAX, because I asked AUDAX to send me some product info, and they included about 40 speakers from SIARE. But, it was when I was still in Yugoslavia, and that whole list is lost know. On the AUDAX site , you won't find anything, search through YAHOO returns about 20 web pages that mention them, but I still can't find the manufacturer.
All the best, Jack

Siare

Hi Vacuumhead,

I am replying to a very old post of yours, having just joined this forum.
I am afraid SIARE has been defunct for some years and were the main competitor of Audax (defunct many times, but rebirthing regularly...)
The technical director of Siare started Davis Acoustics when Siare folded and the company is still alive and kicking (www.davisacoustics.com). I doubt that Michel still be in charge, but some of their products, specially the full range are definitely Siare-inspired...
You can find a lot of interesting drivers from all over the place at www.toutlehautparleur.com (you will have to sharpen your French, though...) or I also use www.madisound.com in the USA.
I bought my Audax drivers for my next project from them.
If you are interested in full range, open baffle, high efficiency speaker design, keep coming back to my blog: www.frenchvintagehifi.com, where I share the history of my passion for speaker design and turntables. I am embarking on a new project soon, so stay tuned!

Hi vacuumhead,

This is a late reply. In the Speaker Builder Mags, Bruce Edgar designed a midrange horn that utilized the Siare 16 VR. At that time I bought two unit and build the horns. Since then I've moved to other horn designs of my own and the Siares are still in use on these, also described in my articles on concrete horn design in SB.
I like them very much and lament that I've been unable to obtain more of them. I'll check out the websites mentioned above.

Robert

Attachments

• Siare25CPR_face.JPG
    Siare25CPR_face.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 407
  • Siare 17-CPR dos.jpg
    Siare 17-CPR dos.jpg
    140.1 KB · Views: 405
  • Siare 17-CPR et passif dans Ditton 100.jpg
    Siare 17-CPR et passif dans Ditton 100.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 422
  • Siare SX-20.jpg
    Siare SX-20.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 479
  • Siare speaker rear view.jpg
    Siare speaker rear view.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 393
  • Siare 17-CPR face.jpg
    Siare 17-CPR face.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 99
thank you very much for this information - this was new for me.
To get contact with Davis, I would have to learn the French language because I didn't get answers to various questions in English.

Because you are from France, perhaps you can also find out the websites of the successor-brands from the amplifier manufacturer "POWER" and "COMEL"
if yes, please let me know about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/153646-power-amplifier-models-old-uk-brand-power-2.html
or
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...wer-amp-apk-apx-series-schematics-wanted.html

Thank you therefore in advance.

thank you very much for this information - this was new for me.
To get contact with Davis, I would have to learn the French language because I didn't get answers to various questions in English.

Because you are from France, perhaps you can also find out the websites of the successor-brands from the amplifier manufacturer "POWER" and "COMEL"
if yes, please let me know about
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/solid-state/153646-power-amplifier-models-old-uk-brand-power-2.html
or
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...wer-amp-apk-apx-series-schematics-wanted.html

Thank you therefore in advance.

For Davis, the move have been made in the nineties and I don't think that Davis will have or still maintain the old SIARE brand (problem of rights). In case you have specific questions for them and want me to translate it in french, I will try to help you.

About COMEL, I'm not familiar with them at all but the URL you mention point to a web site were you have to pay via Paypal 19 € to get some specific schematics.

JC

The flag ships drivers of Siare were maybe the best french fdrivers ever maid... but maybe some rare Cabasse (Ah les 30 cm !) or JM-Lab/Focal ones ?!:rolleyes:

Some tech gone to Audax which is a brand coming after the end of Siare,

one create Davis ( or does this last came from Audax as well ? Davis is not as good ihmo maybe an expensive 8" wide bander alnico at more than 1.2 K euros....they smoke). One engineer of Audax create PHL with something near of the good aerogel ). Davis is managed by the son today as the father passed. The son create some drivers and a musical speaker and worked this him father. Some units are good and they maid a cone tweeter in kevlar. But Siare had very good paper cone known for their musicality (but not the cheap consumer line). IMO !

Audax builds on demand as the brand became a little unit. Unluckily the best drivers like the 7" PR17Z0 (2g mms/98 db) is not maid anymore, maybe if someone ask for 100 units ???

here the catalog of products (look for Siare in the list ) with datas and some shematics of speakers.

Ressources

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.