How to choose a driver ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to start a new loudspeaker project and I have to choose the drivers. But where can I find a good source of information about the sonic caracteristics of the drivers ?

The very usefull LDSG web site has not been updated since a long time. So does it exist another good source of information ?

Guillaume Badaut.

I've build the Geoffrey Dillon's Metaphor kit. The drivers used are the Peerless HDS164 mid/woofer and the Hiquphon OW1 tweeter. I'm very happy with these speakers but I still want to improve the system. I've all the necessary measurement tools and I want to design one of my own.

I'm thinking about changing the mid/bass for a Scan Speak 18W/8545, a Seas W18EX001 or something better. What about the new driver line of Peerless and Seas ?

I'm also thinking of making a 3-way speaker. For that, I have to choose an excellent driver for the 200Hz-3kHz range. And that's not easy.

Guillaume Badaut.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.