For a good time call

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Thatch_Ear said:
AA at the HE and check out the thread about"what are Maggies".
It won't be pretty but it could be funny. By the way, what is the best cone to tube size ratio to use in a TL?

I went over and checked that thread based on yout AudioCorner post. Glad i don't go to AA regular-like.

If you are doing a seat of the pants, straight tube for your 12s, best to stick with 3xSd, better yet would be a 4 Sd to 1 Sd taper. If you can you should run it thru Martin King's sw and see where you can optimize from there.

dave

Thatch_Ear said:
AA at the HE and check out the thread about"what are Maggies".
It won't be pretty but it could be funny.

David,

Considering you were the one who did the flaming, were rude and abusive, gave a technically incorrect description, and then got spanked, I'm surprised you would draw other people's attention to it. If you made several of your posts in that thread here, what do you think would have happenned? Hmmmm.

I knew straight away that Tom's reply was humorous, and that he'd owned Maggies before. I also know of the problems some Magneplanars have with the glue, dissolving the wire or coming free from the membrane, and have heard them sound like kazoos. The original poster, Robert F, is hardly a newbie in the forum either.

The HUG board has one of the best ratios of solid tech info to drivel on all of AA, and the humour there is dry to say the least. You did far more to bring it into disrepute than Tom did, and fail to see what you gain by starting this thread here.

Cheers
Brett

The <a href="http://www.audioasylum.com/scripts/t.pl?f=hug&m=32358">thread in question</a> on AA HUG

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.