Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Adire Bang! Compatable sub and center
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 14th August 2002, 04:26 AM   #1
Bayarm002 is offline Bayarm002
diyAudio Member

Default Adire Bang! Compatable sub and center

Hello Everyone,
This is my first post on this site, have been a lurker for a couple of weeks. Let me start by saying I am a very new and GREEN audio Hobbyist. A friend and I have each recently built a pair of the Adire Bang! Speakers as a beginner's project. Everything turned out great and these are wonderful for the small investment involved. My daughter now wants to build a pair for her personal use and we were thinking of taking hers and mine and integrating them to build a DTS system - One set as the front and one set as the rear channels. My question is this, Does anyone have any suggestions for a compatable DIY center channel and Sub Woofer that we could build on a frugal budgit. Thanks for any suggestions.

Bayarm
Old 14th August 2002, 05:19 AM   #2
planet10 is offline planet10  Canada
frugal-phile(tm)
diyAudio Moderator

Default Re: Adire Bang! Compatable sub and center

ApexJr has a nice little 8" sub and if you poke around they have some pretty reasonable sub/plate amps too.

Can't remember whether the Bang used a sheilded woofer -- the Pop does. If it was Dolby Digital and not DTS you could just use virtual centre channel.

dave
Old 16th August 2002, 03:44 AM   #3
Phatman91624 is offline Phatman91624
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to Phatman91624
Im almost finished building my pair of BANG's and the directions do not call for a shielded woofer, mostly due im sure to cost cutting to meet their budget goals..but taking a look at MCM's site, they do offer a shielded version of the same woofer, for about 4$ more. I think planet 10 was wondering about the sheilding because he was gonna suggest matching the woofer(s) used for the surround, im pretty sure. Please tell what you end up using and how it ends up, im interested.

Mike
Old 11th November 2002, 08:17 PM   #4
WolfmanX is offline WolfmanX
diyAudio Member

Default I'm interested in the BANG! also...

Bayarm002,

I am curious how your speakers have turned out and if you ever found a suitable center channel and sub for your project.

I just found the BANG! designs at Adire's site and I am going to attempt them myself.

Couple questions:

1) Did you place the crossovers in the cabinets? And if so where?

2) Did you use any acoustic foam of the like inside the cabinets?

3) The two diagonal pieces shown in the 'back' view, did you hold these in place with screws?

4) Any other helpful info.

Thanks.

Adire Bang! Compatable sub and centerHide this!Advertise here!