Let's make a CSS WR125 TL design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

I'm in the process of purchasing a pair the new WR125's and a pair of Aurum Cantus G2si ribbons. My original thought was to also purchase a pair of midbass to go along, but I've decided to give these little woofers a run without help in the bottom end. What seems to be the obvious choice for this is a TL design of some sort. Unfortunately I have absolutely no experience in designing any transmission line boxes. Lots of experience elsewhere though, so I'm not completely clueless. I am willing to be the guinea pig for new and exciting designs, and should also have a measurement rig soon so I could do some of that.

I've seen lots of people mention TL designs for this driver, but as of yet, I can't find anything written down.

Things that I would like to keep with are a pipe style design. I think you would call this a straight line. My finished product will involve some unusual building concepts and materials. A tapered or expanding line will make construction more difficult.

Like I said, I'm more than willing to help, but just thought it would be good to have a start to discuss designs. Thanks a bunch.

-Steve

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.