Woofer replacement for Rogers Studio 1A

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

I have a Rogers Studio 1a and one of the woofer is producing vibrations in certain frenquencies especially for the vocal source.

Someone suggested me to turn the speaker 180 degrees before replacing the unit. If I do have to replace the woofer unit, which unit do you recommend ? I was told that SEAS P21REX will do the job. Do I also have to replace the woofer with a matching tweeter unit from SEAS ?

If so, what tweeter unit from SEAS do you recommend ? Thanks,

Rogers Studio 1a

Hi

Have had Rogers gear before including their LS3/5a. :)

The Studio 1a has a BBC Heritage and so maybe has
some relatives in the Harbeth or Spendor arena. They
support their stuff quite well. (similar drivers??)The main thing is to match the other stereo pair if you do not plan to replace both drivers and if you can get the drivers out and test them on a Clio
system and get their current (in use) specs it may help you to decide what is really going on before you spend big bucks getting new drivers from the UK or Norway. There is a Rogers legacy site
I saw recently. Oh to own a pair of LS5/8s:)

Good Luck

Anthony

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.