how to make high/lowpass filter in series connection???

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
fitz,
here is another by-stander obs. You entered this thread by criticizing grey on a tech matter, and although grey sometimes likes a little hyperbole to make a point, he was right and you were wrong.
When you realized that, you couldn't just shut up and move on, no, you had to go off on a tangent. So now this thread is reduced to a "...but my swartz is bigger than yours" thread, and you, the self-appointed bull-buster, have now become the bull-shitter.

[Edited by grataku on 07-19-2001 at 01:14 PM]

grataku:

Yikes!

Right? Wrong?

Grey offered what you call his hype based on, what we discovered later, was his style of listening. I offered my comment based on my style of listening. That's the way things go around here and everywhere else for that matter. No right or wrong is involved.

I did say early on that the tangent the thread was taking wasn't helping the thread originator, limking, with his question and suggested that our new discussion might best be in a new thread. As things go, this didn't happen.

I don't see where my offerings can be called ********. I simply maintain that there is much standing between the performer and listener. I call this noise. And, I say this noise should be gotten rid of. Just because this noise is not audible does not invalidate my point.

Enter now, into this thread, a new form of noise - EGO noise. I just don't see the point in playing pocket pool everytime one fires up their sound system. So you built/designed it. Great! Revel in it. Show it off. Send invitations to the coming out party of your equipment. Then put it to rest and get busy with what I assume to be the point of the whole thing, listening to music.

Now if someone can convince me that music listening is NOT the real point. . . .

Back to original question

The impedance seen by the amplifier is not the aggregate of all the drivers in the enclosure, but the aggregate of the drivers involved in processing the specific frequency of the moment. The crossover points determine which driver(s) are involved at a given frequency. So, in your situation for frequencies over 5kHz only your tweeter's impedance is relevant, and below 5kHz it's your two mid/woofers.

As has been pointed out by others in this thread you are actually describing a two-way system where a single cross-over frequency in the 1.5kHz - 2.5kHz range would probably make more sense. The tweeter handles the upper frequencies and the woofers the lower.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.