Mounting small speaker in 3/4" baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I mounted mine in 3/4" stock and used screws to fasten them. I started by routing a shoulder then cut the smaller speaker hole so the face of the frame mounts flush with the surface of the cabinet face. This cuts down on the apparent thickness of the stock by 3/16" or so. Seems to work fine in the little closed cubes I use. They are of 3/4" birch ply and 7 1/4" or so OD - like little bricks.

Here's the concept.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here's a rear view showing airflow scallops and Hurricane T-nuts. This was a 5" driver similar in size to the Jordan. The router bit used was a simple ball bearing 1/2" chamfer with a carbide blade. (don't use cheap "high-speed steel" bits on mdf)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.