Signal bleed?

Hey all!

I am a bit confused.
So, i have this synergy project that is a K-402 horn with two Beyma 15 inch drivers and Faital HF204 CD.

I use my PC with MOTU 828 external audio interface as a source, an old Technics SU-V7 amp for low end and locally made JLH amp. Reaper DAW us used as DSP.

Amps are placed on each other and on the top of them is my audio interface. Wires are about 50-60cms between source and amps.

Then there are wires that go from amps to the speakers. They were placed under the tiles of my floor. Probably, very close to each other. Actually, thick wires, maybe 2mm.

Here is the diagram:

M2LiwpE.png

So here is the part i am very confused about. I turn off the LF amp, turn off HF channel in Reaper, feed Reaper with signal (music, noise, whatever) and i can hear the LF signal being reproduced by the CD. And i can see that some signal enters the JLH amp, although there should be no signal coming to it.

Well, i think it is the CD that is reproducing the signal, because when i touch woofers they are very still. I even detach the wires from the CD on the terminal of my speaker and still hear that same signal.

How can it be?

Then, i do turn off the HF amp, turn on LF amp, feed the amp with LF signal and it works as it should. Turn off LF signal, turn on HF signal and can hear nothing.

Think about it again. There is no signal, that is directly fed to the HF amp from the sound card (at least there shouldn't be any). HF amp is ON, LF amp is OFF. I feed LF signal to the AMP that is turned off, yet that same signal somehow gets to the HF amp, goes to the speaker and makes the sound. Even when i detach the wires from the CD that is directly connected to HF amp.

Updated diagram:

AuXIFM1.png

So, even if it is the sound card that bleeds some signal to the output that should be silent, how can there be any sound, when the wire from that amp is detached?

Could it be because signal wires (3 meters) are placed very close together?

I tried to make myself clear as best i could :) Feel free to ask for clarification.

The description is a bit confusing/unclear, but try just physically connecting the signal to one amp (not using the source switching) , so basically your testing the speaker side of wiring... and retest

If still present the speaker cables are acting like aerials ( move them apart), If it's quiet then the pickup is at the source end