Does anyone know what these are on tannoy super tweeters st100

Does anyone know what these are on tannoy super tweeters st100
They are not giving a reading on a multi reader are they some kind of resistors any help would be really appreciate

Attachments

• 18C0B588-C1E4-46DD-9FBE-00BCD6BFD03B.jpg
    18C0B588-C1E4-46DD-9FBE-00BCD6BFD03B.jpg
    896.5 KB · Views: 163
  • 44F35735-BCDB-4586-A826-F72F57EC82EA.jpg
    44F35735-BCDB-4586-A826-F72F57EC82EA.jpg
    896.5 KB · Views: 111
Thank you mate but I can’t seem to find the ones that are on my boards. I can only find long rectangular one. They will probably be to big for the boards. Are these high quality resistors or would any really do in there place. It’s just I love the speakers and I don’t really what to change the overall sound of the speakers many thanks l

Sorry I can’t answer them questions because it was taken to a repair shop all I was told when collecting them was the 10R was not reading a output or input signal and was unable to track down the original 10R components. So I was wondering are these resistors special designs for tannoy. And not widely open for general sales. And if I replaced them with different resistors would it affect the general sound of the speakers. Many thanks

No youngie, a resistor is a resistor. In your case all you have to do is observe the power rating, ceramics @ 5Watts are a very safe bet.
Some people will claim that metal film resistors or other exotic type will be better. Fine.
One can spend money on many unnecessary things, we've all done it.
In short, if you keep values the same and the power rating adequate there will be no change in sound.

You need something like this:
https://www.retroamplis.com/epages/...Products/R-CERV-5W/SubProducts/R-CERV-5W-6.8R

Last edited:
not giving a reading on a multi reader
Just curious about what a multi reader is/means.

If a multimeter, what scale were you using and where did you apply the test probes?
Are these high quality resistors or would any really do in there place.
They ARE high quality, it´s a Tannoy!!!!, but any properly rated one as suggested above will work fine and sound the same.
the 10R was not reading a output or input signal and was unable to track down the original 10R components
Makes not much sense, +1 on thinking "service shop" has not much clue.
Maybe it´s just the "opinion" of a shop Sales Assistant or similar?