REW help

Can any of you experience members help me understand how to interpret this spectrum graph?
Thank you from a complete novice. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot (6).png
    Screenshot (6).png
    336.8 KB · Views: 182
  • Screenshot (5).png
    Screenshot (5).png
    239.2 KB · Views: 193
I'm no expert either, but this may help (and if I am wrong, I will benefit from the correction):

Spectrogram Graph

"The spectrogram is like a waterfall viewed from above, with the level indicated by colour."

As I understand it:

A flat-ish spectrogram is good: it means the system goes from sound-to-silence quickly.

Where you see a vertical streak on the spectrogram, there's some problem with the materials or geometry of the system which causes it to still be releasing sound energy after the input has gone.

This has 16 real world examples measured and discussed:

Audio Asylum Thread Printer

Change the settings to be something more like this then you will get a better view, it is a good time frequency view that makes it easy to see what is happening with different frequencies at different times.

961074d1624144023-rephase-loudspeaker-phase-linearization-eq-fir-filtering-tool-spectrogram-png

By changing the amount of time in the window and scale you will be able to change it to see more of the speaker or more of the room depending on what you are looking for.