Looking for a public design that uses a corundum tweeter

I have seen a lot of posts where folks are saying one of the Peerless corundum tweeters is their favorite sound. I would like to try one, but I can't seem to find a published design by one of the "reputable accomplished" speaker designers (I thinks that's the phrase recommended to folks starting on this interesting journey). I don't have knowledge or tools to design my own. I have built a Tarkus (sounds great) so I can build OK, but not design. Anyone know of one out there? Preferably with tweeter crossed in fairly low, and reasonably efficient so my diyaudio F6 can easily drive it.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Don :confused:

Good resources

Thank you for the reply. I had seen the Toid, but don't know anything about them. Are they generally known and considered competent?

The MAC link was really good. I had missed that. Good discussion and a distortion plot for the 4thtry's 1khz crossover Side-towers, looks very interesting. That may be it.:)

Joined 2017
Paid Member
4thtry is very reputable. He has won several of the DIY competitions with his entries. He has been experimenting a lot lately, so has some unique builds like the side towers that may be harder to use in a normal room, i.e., his latest builds haven't been simple slim rectangular towers.

Thanks for the confirmation on 4thtry. I am currently thinking of using Wolf's Nephila cabinet design with the Side Tower driver layout and shape. Just more cabinet under the woofer. Should be close. The Side Tower shape wouldn't work in my space.

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Thank you. So a good one if we consider it's a dome VS the good Hivi. And with the possibility to use less higher order XO than the Hivi's planars and with more power input at the same time for whom using passive filters...

I liked the router idea to shorten the big diameter on one of the link above about the DA25XT (circa 12 cm front plate diameter)

Thanks for the thoughts. I think I will buy Wolf's Nephila kit from M, and the 1" corundum tweeter. Then I can assemble the box in a standard fashion, and make a tweeter module to sit on top of the box, that I can change out. After my usual very slow build time, I'll do a review of both and give thoughts on the differences that I hear.