Sourcing Midrange Drivers

(Apologies if this has been covered, or if it is in a Sticky. If so, kindly re-direct.)

Over the last couple of years, I've taken to refurbishing/rebuilding "vintage" loudspeakers. Just a fun, little hobby. Buy a pair that needs some love, put some elbow grease, and about $100USD into it, that sort of thing.

Where do folk source their drivers? I'm not talking about Scans, Vifa, etc., but your lower-cost options. Typically I buy from Parts Express (history, habit, convenience), which is great for seemingly everything but lower priced (read: $20-$40USD) midrange drivers. There seems to be an gap, here.

Curious to know where a guy might find a better (or different) selection.

Cheers!

The Vifa TC and TG series are by all accounts excellent value and very good performers for less than US$20. They're designated as 'full range' but have been used as dedicated mid range drivers in 3-ways. Available from a range of suppliers in the US ad Europe.

Geoff

Dayton also makes good cheap midrange drivers like the PC83, the ND90 or the DMA105 (all below 20$) or use some smaller fullrange drivers like suggested, i would recommend the Mark Audio CHN-70 or the TB W3-881SJF for that. The Fountek FR88EX is probally also fit for that (but no experience). All fullrange drivers mentioned are less than 40$ in the US.