Extreme nearfield monitors. Full range driver, coaxial, etc?

Dude man !!!!! $1000 for a pair of coaxials for computer listening??? Did you catch my workshop is a bus? LOL I'm not even rich. I have 6 pairs of great DIY speakers. NONE of them have drivers costing close to this. And that is considering Accuton, Aruum Cantus, Revelators, etc ....

I stopped looking after clicking on the bottom link first, LOL. But thank you for the advice and links! I appreciate the help for sure.

Hi

Just curious, is the bus still drivable? As in, it still moves?

Having said that, I think what you have is awesome... short of having your own submarine.

I think coaxials could be a good choice too. You could consider this from SB acoustics. Only $52

SB Acoustics SB12PFC25-4-COAX

There is also a 5" model and 6" model. Jyst look around. The recommended crossover circuit is also provided.

For the 4" cabinet design, you could just copy the one from the micro monitor kit. Essentially the same driver, just a different cone.

Oon

Oon

Last edited:
The seas was just some examples from the top of my head. I’m sure there are others. Tang band have something I guess. I’m sure other as well. I have no idea how they even sound. Sorry for giving you a small heart attack.

Not at all! I thank you very much for giving me a new direction. I have found this most exciting of all. I like the SEAS pair at $260 each a lot. But I do want to look at other brands as well. For fun if nothing else.

I'm getting my camera out to photograph the Focals and start posting them on Car Audio forums.

I don't suppose you could modify the bus into a submarine too... Have always wanted to do the 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea Thing.

Wish I could do something like this in my part of the world...

There is also a 5" version in madisound as well as a 6" ... Or you could potentially do a 3 way with 6" woofer...

Oon