Assistance with Satori 2 way build

Member Troels used a MW19 and MW16 in 2.5 configuration, not two MW16’s. This was just to give you a starting point to work from, unless you are going to build the SBA761 as per the plans then any change to the driver, not using the step baffle, changing the baffle width or changing the drive positions will need a crossover modification.

OK I ran the Sim and the results are not nearly as pretty or as flat as Troels' results. I'm going with his as he know a hell of a lot more than I do lol. I'll build up his version and try it out.

I believe the 1.3mh coil is not critical. However the R4 and C2 appear to be a zobel or notch? He states that he is trying to suppress energy in the 5-10khz region. In my system I will have to modify.

Last edited:
So I redid the sim. Values are recalculated. Does this seem reasonable? I replaced the 5mh with a 3.6mh

Attachments

• experimental 4_25.JPG
    experimental 4_25.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 272
  • 4_25 2 half way.JPG
    4_25 2 half way.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Agree R4,C3 is a tank to reduce the MW19 breakup at around 8khz, the MW16 has a smoother roll and so not really needed.

How’s the phase alignment, when I modelled the SBA761 it looked pretty good. Not sure what the 2xMW16 will do to that plus driver spacing may also affect it a little.

Last edited:
OK got it. Yea I can see the effect o Fr when I am able to set back the tweeter 0.6 inches. Also allows boundary effects. The thing that really affects the response is floor bounce.
It looks like there are many ways to skin a cat. But me not being as experienced as members here, I dont know what the "correct" or preferred solution is. I have 3-4 models that are pretty decent Fr.