VituixCAD Not Summing Same as XSim or PCD7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
kimmosto is right, the ? watts at ? ohms is only a way for you to specify the voltage output of the power amp by stating it in watts, since some speaker manufacturers would specify sensitivity db when driven in effective watts. Kind of confusing, I know.

To change the amp's output resistance or impedance in XSim you have to add a resistor or complex network inline with its output. The amp's source resistance is at 1mOhm or something like that to keep the math from blowing up. To watch the effective source impedance of the amp+network, put a single dummy driver at its output to ground and have Xsim graph the "lookback" impedance of the driver (see the curves menu of an impedance graph when there are drivers in the design). Lookback is the impedance that a driver sees driving it, which can be an indication of how it might be shoved around from external pressures (like from other nearby drivers).

Ok, I'll pour over this a little bit later. Thank you. I think my question for now is how do I set Vituix generator to give me the closest thing to real world simulation. Now my goal isn't to make 1 look like the other, it's to set my self up for the most realistic modeling I can. How should I set Vituix?

Ok, I've managed to do it again! I can't even recreate the offsets I had done yesterday. So I've gotten a setting wrong somewhere in Vituix. When I type in the same offsets as yesterday I'm getting a very different summation. I confirmed same files loaded, and the generator isn't the culprit this time. The offsets from yesterday match what PCD says pretty closely. I even had a screen recording from yesterday and so I could follow along with the video. I must have hit a button somewhere! I can't even get an imported overlay to display now, even after restarting the program and starting a new file. I just want to start the design :/ I may have to just continue this design on XSim until I can get Vituix sussed out. I think I just don't have the experience to do a full sim on it yet.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 4.25.04 PM.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 4.25.04 PM.jpeg
    255.3 KB · Views: 71
  • Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 4.34.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 4.34.18 PM.png
    71.4 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.