Speaker magnet interaction ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The magnetic field of a speaker is mainly concentrated on the voice coil. Only a stray magnetic field exists to influence neighbouring components, and its strength decreases rapidly with distance.

It is unlikely that mounting drivers in close proximity will affect the core strength of their respective magnetic fields and hence the operation of the individual drivers.

However, you could give more details about the arrangement and proximity of your drivers - a notated sketch perhaps.

Thanks for the response. My current bass drivers are the eminence 15a. the baffle is just wide enough to mount the 15 inch woofer. I use an all active system with lots of eq in the bass so I didnt need a wide baffle. I have a pair of dayton 10in bass drivers. I plan to add side wings onto the lower half of the baffle and mount the daytons so they are side firing. the magnets on the daytons are quite strong and when you hold them approximately where they will be mounted you can def feel them pulling toward the frames of the 15's.

Speaker drivers will attract each other, but I can find no reference to that attraction adversely affecting the operation of the individual drivers.

Drivers are mounted close to each other in various loudspeaker configurations.

What is the distance separating the 10" magnets from the 15" magnet?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.