This is my first time crossover modeling, asking for more experienced opinion?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Will this 1K dip be an issue?
Tried to keep the whole thing within a +-5dB limit, is this a good rule of thumb?

Thanks, Luke.

Edit: I'm not looking for a flat response or anything just good listening quality, perhaps a slight :) smiley face :) EQ ideally.

Attachments

• Bye bye 1k.png
    Bye bye 1k.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 135
Last edited:
Better, but still not (very) good. Also, crossover frequency is dangerously low, the tweeter will distort and may burn up (assuming typical 1-inch tweeter).
Please post the driver measurement (also, state the drivers make and model), I will try to make a proper crossover.

Here is my attempt on the crossover. Crossover frequency is rather low, at 1600 Hz, which may be problematic for the tweeter, regarding distortion. Measured distortion vs frequency would be nice for the peace of mind, but I could't find it.
DC160S frequency response is problematic: there is a peak at 1.5 kHz, followed by dip at 2 kHz, and another peak at 2.8 kHz - very difficult to linearize.
Dayton DC160S+DC28FT SPL.png

Dayton DC160S+DC28FT XO-schema-2.png

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.