Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

ARTA and USB interface
ARTA and USB interface
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 7th April 2021, 10:29 AM   #111
markbakk is offline markbakk  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Do you use an XLR-connector on the cable, interface-side, and is the wiring OK? The 2i2 only takes mic input at the XLR sockets, the 6,3mm jack is line level only.
Old 7th April 2021, 11:08 PM   #112
sheeple is offline sheeple
diyAudio Member

Yes, cabel is XLR-male to XLR-female, the input switch is set at "LINE", should it be "INST" instead?
Old 7th April 2021, 11:48 PM   #113
fluid is offline fluid  Australia
diyAudio Member

ARTA and USB interface-scarlett-png

What the settings like in the Focusrite Control software sometimes things can get weird in there.
Attached Images
File Type: png Scarlett.png (119.7 KB, 71 views)
Old 8th April 2021, 05:21 AM   #114
fluid is offline fluid  Australia
diyAudio Member

I ran a measurement today with my Scarlett 18i20 with the output volume set to give a reading of about 70dB (at 1m) and REW set to output the sweep at -12dBFS, I have the mic gain turned all the way up and get readings of somewhere around -25dB back into REW. It needs to be at this level to leave headroom to record at a louder SPL, with it set like that I can measure up to 95 dB SPL. The levels do not need to be up at -12 to -6dB for REW to measure correctly. You will get a warning if the recording level is too low.
Old 8th April 2021, 08:20 AM   #115
markbakk is offline markbakk  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Reading it again it makes sense. Acoustic noisefloor under normal conditions will be around 30-40dB (flat). So the mic inputs don't have to be much more sensitive and with recording you'll need headroom up til 110dB or more. Measuring at 60dB isn't the best either, it only leaves you about 20-30dB S/N ratio, so measuring distortion or acoustic slopes becomes unreliable. Speakers should easily do 90dB on 1m. So turn up the volume.
  Reply to this post

ARTA and USB interfaceHide this!Advertise here!