VituixCAD2 - virus warning

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Not sure which forum this should be in, so appologies if this is the wrong one.

My Anti Virus (Norton) flagged this software as containing a trojan yesterday and immediately quarantined and deleted it. Not sure why it just happened as I have had the software installed for about 2 months. I can only assume Norton did a database update and thus found a previously unrecognised threat.

Most likely a false positive, happens all the time. I just checked the lastest download with Panda Antivirus - No Virus found.
VituixCad only checks for updates, then gives you an option to install the lastest version. You can turn off "Check for Updates"

Last edited:
As there are false positives, it would be good to hear from others on this, but be careful.

Do you have a version number? I know the version is difficult to control because VC auto updates and it cannot be turned off.

I can't be specific about the version as it's uninstalled now. But it had been prompting me to download the latest update for about a week, which i never did. So I would presume it's the version prior to the latest one.

I'd be cautious about accepting that software is virus free on the premis of the scan of just one AV product personnaly. AV comparison tests have consistently shown that it's common for individual products to miss individual threats that other products succesfully find.

To be clear, i'm not categorically stating it's not a false positive. Just I think it's prudent for people to do their own scans and make sure they're happy there isn't an issue on their individual machines. Especially as it was a trojan, which is potentially one of the more damaging/ominous types of threat.

Last edited:
Norton (maybe Antivirus Plus?) started to warn about Heur.AdvML.B in revision 2.0.61.0. Microsoft Defender in my Win 10 Pro, Norton Power Eraser and F-Secure online scanner say it's okay. Setup was packed first time with Inno Setup 6.1.2, but also that looks clean.

Few years ago Avast was very keen to warn (about everything). Maybe it was the same heur..., but the result was that user(s) uninstalled Avast.

Thread for VituixCAD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.