Software for calculating power response

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2005
Paid Member
What software can be used to calculate and plot power response for multi-way speakers based on driver sizes, relative locations of drivers on baffle, crossover frequency and type, baffle size/dimensions, etc.?

If I read you correctly, you are looking for a modeling tool that estimates power response just from the baffle / drivers geometries and from the xover. I am not saying that this is not possible, but I wouldn't trust the results too much.

It would be better to determine the power response from measured SPL data as described here: https://www.princeton.edu/3D3A/Publications/Tylka_3D3A_DICalculation.pdf

I implemented this method in a GNU Octave (Matlab) program, which is available here: GitHub - mbrennwa/mat_lspr: m-file to calculate power response of a loudspeaker from sound-pressure measurements arranged along two orbits around the speaker.

VituixCAD also calculates power response. The results are similar, but not perfectly identical to mat_lspr, see here: VituixCAD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.