Accelerometers to measure panel vibrations?

Strange, why would it be so microphonic? 5M input impedance can do odd things, but what in the Behringer could be turning vibration into sound?

All ceramic caps are highly microphonic, do not know if there are any in the Behringer, but many CD and DVD players that i have modified uses cheramic caps, also in the digital domain such as the clock circuit. Vibrations is causing huge amount of jitter.
Thats why there is sonic benefits from vibration damping on some electronics.
I recorded a -96dB (silence) and a 440Hz tone at -87dB on a CD and play it while knocking on the PCB.

Quite noticable.

I purchased one of these to compare to my non mass loaded type. They're both identical, save for the mass loading on this one.
Piezo Vibration Sensor - Large with Mass - SEN-09197 - SparkFun Electronics
I also purchased a few 10 mega ohm resistors to experiment with in the next sensor/cable I build. I have little understanding of electrical engineering, so if I'm doing something that doesn't make sense to those of you that do, please chime in:). The sensor requires at least 10m ohms input impedance to work it's best, and the Behringer only gives about 5m ohms.

Last edited:
I believe I need to switch this resistor out with the 10m ohm resistor, and then I’m set. Very easy to get to. Is it my imagination, or does this one look a little overheated?

Attachments

• 7CBA944B-EBCC-492E-AA6B-042CAAF397BE.jpg
    7CBA944B-EBCC-492E-AA6B-042CAAF397BE.jpg
    759.8 KB · Views: 78