Lx-mini REW Umik-1 Measurements

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The measurements suggest rising response above 1Khz. Have you checked the relative sensitivities for your amps and the gain setting for mid/tweeter.? Also the cal file for your mic, has it been applied?

If you like the sound please ignore my questions and carry on enjoying.

The measurements suggest rising response above 1Khz. Have you checked the relative sensitivities for your amps and the gain setting for mid/tweeter.? Also the cal file for your mic, has it been applied?

If you like the sound please ignore my questions and carry on enjoying.

I can adjust the full range 4” driver (crossover at 1kHz), with the TU-8600 volume control. I’ll adjust it down to better match the lower frequencies.

I enjoy the LX mini speakers most when playing records via my Pearl 2. The active crossover really smooths the sound when compared to a passive crossover that I built.

It’s expensive to buy all the amps required, but I am happy with the results!

Like you have, I was hoping some speaker measurement experts could comment on the measurements I made.

Account Closed
Joined 2001
Your measurement (using a 2.4mS window) means pretty much everything below 500Hz is meaningless.

And, the LXmini ASP has a tweaker on the board to adjust either high or low levels relative to the other. So you shouldn't need to adjust your power amp.

Unless the speakers sound bright to you, I'd leave your adjustments alone.

Dave.

At the Linkwitz audio website LxMini design page there is a graph labelled front. Maybe that is useful as a reference.
Don't forget to record your current settings before making adjustments as you may not like the corrections. Your room and furnishings will also modify the sound and your results.You have a lot of things you can configure, so I am sure you will find a good setup.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.