Line Array Sub and Active Theoretical

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yep, he likes a diffuse bass.
Not my cup of tea. I like more impact and definition than I've been able to get from multiple sub locations. But then again, i often find mono to sound better than stereo.

So just personal preferences i think.....
dunno about the 4 or 5 cycles stuff ....that seems like a long time down low.

He was talking about subs at the time, so I'm not sure if impact was part of it other than the momentary room pressurisation you'd get with closed box speakers. These are dipoles aren't they? I don't know where he got the 4 or 5 cycles from, but it sounds about right to me, it would be easy enough to see wouldn't it for someone with the necessary tech?

Sub are usually <100Hz so they are omnidirectional in this range.

[added] - This is for 2 subs and a change in listener position . I've done an experiment with 2 woofers and REW, and it's a pretty good predictor. I moved the mic around to confirm the predicted nulls.

DonVK, thank you for introducing this function. I've been overlooked this tool while I've been using REW for more than 5 years. If this is close enough to real world, it seems ordinary 2 stereo speakers can perform pretty good.

Last edited:
DonVK, thank you for introducing this function. I've been overlooked this tool while I've been using REW for more than 5 years. If this is close enough to real world, it seems ordinary 2 stereo speakers can perform pretty good.
Oh, yes yes they can. The limited bass actually blends very well with a lot of modest rooms. Please see this blog post! :)

A Speaker Maker's Journey: The SNR-1, Room Response and Roon

Best,

Erik

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.