Bass of a 3.5 way sealed+ported vs. 3 way ported

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Considering 2 designs based on SB Acoustics drivers. The first a 3 way with the ceramics a 1", 5" and 2x8" in ~90L ported for an f3 of 35Hz. The second a 6.5 way with ceramic 1", satori 5", 7.5" in 14L sealed f3 92.4Hz, 9.5" in 45L ported f3 of 35Hz.

I got interested in a 3.5/4 way reading about possible benefits of a sealed and ported pairing to the bass (basically get the fast of the sealed and deep of the ported). I am a bit concerned about the bass response bellow 100Hz however. The crossover however seems to show that the 3.5 way will have favorable low bass, but I am not sure how to include enclosure effects in the response for VitiuxCAD.

So I guess my question here is should I be at all concerned about the bass response of the 3.5 way below 100Hz? Should I increase the enclosure size for the 9.5" (60L would push f3 down to 30Hz) or 7.5"? Is it better to stick with the 3 way design?

I will be pairing with a single sub, but it doesn't cross high. Don't really have the layout suitable to stereo subs.

(note, crossovers still need impedance correction and some touchups)

Attachments

• SatoriCrossover.png
    SatoriCrossover.png
    297.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 3wayCrossover.png
    3wayCrossover.png
    284.9 KB · Views: 76
  • SatoriBox.png
    SatoriBox.png
    195.1 KB · Views: 73
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.