Cambridge Soundworks T500

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello.
Not sure if this forum is open or will reach anyone. So, I have a pair of Cambridge Soundworks T500. One sub amp module is bad. Before I make mods or carve up/butcher the box:yikes:, I would like to purchase and use a stereo power amp to run the subwoofers. Has anyone had experience with bypassing the T500 module to connect an external power amp? I haven't seen enough images that shows how the wiring is routed in the box to map out a modification like this. Since I am doing this for a family member, I don't have access to the cabinets to research my ideas. Any help would be appreciated.:D

My brother is for my idea for using an external amp but he would like to keep it original if possible. Does anyone know of a source for parts, replacement boards, etc.? I have read most of these forums but they are a few years old, so I was wondering if new information may have come into knowing about the T500 modules. I have some knowledge of electronic repair but the the surface mounted components make it a little daunting. Thanks

So I'm in the same boat. 1 of my T500 failed with blown fuse. The other was working until I turn off the bottom switch and turn on then the fuse failed on that one also. They were both in storage for a about 2 years but when I took them out they were working perfectly until just now. Were you able to fix yours? Did you stick with the external amp plan? I'd prefer to keep it internal but ultimately want them to work again so I'm somewhat open to external.

My brother is for my idea for using an external amp but he would like to keep it original if possible. Does anyone know of a source for parts, replacement boards, etc.? I have read most of these forums but they are a few years old, so I was wondering if new information may have come into knowing about the T500 modules. I have some knowledge of electronic repair but the the surface mounted components make it a little daunting. Thanks

Hi @jazzyanne,
Head over to this thread. I explain how I jerry-rigged a LJM L-20D to my cambridge soundworks "main" amps.

Pics showing how I did it:
Amps - Google Photos

I think this is the way to go, keeping the speakers "original". I do have one problem where the main board cuts out on speaker protection when played at a high volume. I believe I have to change out a resistor on the L-20D to reduce the input signal going in to that, but I haven't had time to try it yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.