Can anyone help with my L-pad please, tweeter still too loud :(

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just bought an L-pad and it attenuates the sound but not quite as fine adjust as I would like. It maybe because I'm using a 8 ohm l-pad as its all I could find and a 4 ohm tweeter. I don't understand the electronics of it but the fine tuning isn't quite there. I have to set it to practically minimum just before it switches off for it to get near the level I want and even then its slightly too loud. Is there anything I can do to get the level to where I want it?

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Try 2 L-pads, 1 can be fixed as stated earlier. If the level balance is that far off; maybe calculate a fixed L-pad for about -10 dB then also use the adjustable L-pad to get a better "fine tune". If you also use series resistors; make sure you calculate the crossover with the combined impedance (4, 8 or other Ohms).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.