Troels Gravesen SBA-941 Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
In spite of all of those that don't believe; I like the "sound" of the Jantzen Z-Superior capacitors. They are not super high priced compared to some others but they definitely sound the best to my tastes for the money. I have yet to find a more neutral or musically satisfying capacitor in this price range or lower. They even sound better than some other choices costing twice as much. If you have trouble deciding; the Z-Superior is certainly a very good choice and you won't break the bank either.

How does this Sissy gibberish help the OP!?
Well I got some enjoyment from this nonsense ;) Didn't realise how much this topic can spark conversation.

True. Buy the right acoustic stuff to improve your listening room instead of spending on ridiculously overpriced caps. That and post #4 is my final advice.
Yes! Treating the room is on my list. Right now I haven't done measurements with REW in this room but will do when I finish these speakers. I have one 30mm thick 1 m * 1,7 m acoustic panel on the back wall already.

Thanks for everyone for help, I ordered the alumen z version with Be tweeters. Will keep you posted on progress.

I have Seas Millennium tweeters in Seos Waveguide. I use only a single cap in series with tweeter as the only crossover component. I have tried many different types of capacitors including Jantzen Superior Z and Alumen Z, Mundorf silver in oil, Duelund Cast cu, Jupiter Copper foil.
Mundorf silver in oil and Duelund Cast cu sound very, very different to one another.
But I actually have a soft spot for the Jantzen Alumen Z. I even changed the coupling caps in my dac to Alumen Z. Very pleased with the result.
As always ymmv, and we all have different preferences, but in my experience capacitors don't sound the same.
Just the same as with resistors. ��

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    288.9 KB · Views: 302
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.