tweeter choice opinions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello all first time posting just would like opinions on a choice between the xt25tg30 and the sb26st. they will be used in a 3 way with a tb sub and 5-6 inch midbass and will be crossed over higher. ive found that as my ears get older i become intolerant of 4k and usually create a dip in crossover or with eq. my target was under $30 for the tweeter and my goal was best sound not concerned about flat response. they will be used in a pyramid type enclosure so minimum baffle around tweeter with heavy roundover. also over the years ive come to love the sound of 6db xo probably minimum phase. the whole system will see no more than 100 watts. also over time ive come to respect the opinions on this board so thank you very much for the help u give so many people. if there are other drivers recomended please suggest. thank you all

Last edited:
I looked at the specs of xt25tg30 and sb26st tweeters, the Audax TW025A16 is very interesting and sound is awesome:

Dome tweeter Audax TW025A16, 8 ohm, 1-inch voice coil, 3.94 inch front

TW025A16-8.gif

Disabled Account
Joined 2019
Hello,

I was advised here by a Diyaudio fellow the SB26STAC for a refurbishing of a good speaker. Very good tweeter I will buy twice ! I was said it is very good above 3 k hz, which makes sense with the mid size you are planning.

The XT25 is said to be as good if not better, the main diference seems how both plays off axis and in your shoes I ask to people some inputs about that for a finest choice.

In the Audax family you can't go wrong also with the Tw034 ferofluided : also a must if you need lower crossover or higher spl according the crossover slope or spl level you plan for listening (it is a 1.5 " some bigger cone size & the old chamber design seems not to be so bad vs the musicality it plays raw: inputs about Troels Gravsen for enhance it with a diy rear damping chamber, if you can not sleep with that... but there is simple way : just add some medical cotton behind the dome ;)... also advised for metal dome btw :). I don't know for the XT but the sb26STAC is just a no brainer ! Consider also according the impedance and spl needed : the SB26 CAC (the ceramic one) or the CAN (aluminium) that may perform a little better if you also listen jazz or classic (though i din't listened to them yet, but many good inputs here and elswhere as well)

Last edited:
Disabled Account
Joined 2019
As far I'm concerned, the only thing matters is what I hear at circa 30/45° listening position.... rest is futile -while room reflexions still matters-

I would like to know if all those 1" domes give someting accurate and not aertificial n a room without EQ ? Big bump at 1 m and stiff roll off at 10k given by most of low size wave guide is not appealing to me. Maybe we should more discuss at the sound merged at listening psition, aka; sweet spot.

Last edited:
I was advised here by a Diyaudio fellow the SB26STAC for a refurbishing of a good speaker. Very good tweeter I will buy twice ! I was said it is very good above 3 k hz, which makes sense with the mid size you are planning.
I'd argue it's great even lower. It's almost an identical performer to the old Dayton Audio RS28A-4 that was discontinued. I'd even argue it's the closest replacement out there. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.