Crossover component

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello they sell me some atc sm 75-150 st and the measurements with the multimeter are 10 ohm is it feasible or are they already widely used?

mbrennwa,

FYI, my interpretation of miguel's words is/are that he has purchased a pair of sm 75-150st from ATC and is now wondering why they measure out at 10 ohms ( dcr ).

- IOW, ( to paraphrase someone else's thought-balloons ) I believe he wants to know if the lower than expected dcr measurement implies that they sold him used goods?

That's my take // which ( looking behind the curtain ) all-in-all helps explain why it's taken 4 years to get to this point in a so called DIY forum.

:)

Last edited:
Unfortunately ATC does not seem to specify the RDC in their datasheets of the SM75-150, so we cannot compare the 10 Ohm reading with the ATC specs. However, here is an impedance curve I measured with a 16 Ohm SM75-150-STD: http://hifibau.ch/wp-content/uploads/2016/02/lowpass_atcSM75-150_hiba.png --> this is consistent with a DCR close to 10 Ohm. This might suggest that miguelnoda has 16 Ohm units.

miguelnoda: please check the markings on the back of your drivers. Maybe post some photos.

Last edited:
the 16 ohm recone kit is almost like the new speakers.

You cannot buy these drivers "new". When I bought the recone kit, it was quite a bit cheaper than the typical ebay prices for second-hand drivers.

They sell me some but they measure 10 ohm I think it's a little low value

The DCR value is different from the "nominal impedance" value. The RDC can well be 10 Ohm for a "nominal 16 Ohm" driver.

What is the problem you are trying to solve?

Are you repairing an old speaker or building a new one?

If there are bad/dry components, fresh modern ones will improve sound.

If they are working properly, "Audiophile"/snake oil/NASA type etc. ones won´t improve anything.

Those are passive components and can´t add which was not there to begin with.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.