Egg-closures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have my devilish eggs in my work room and will take some pics, I measured them to be about 2.5 liters, I have some old jamo and pe full ranges to start one idea was to fire the woofer downward using some legs ,will see where the tweet tweet goes.
Before being hatched pic

Attachments

• IMG_0207.JPG
    IMG_0207.JPG
    24.8 KB · Views: 139
Yes, a mistake I think. Egg 100 manual also says

"Bass reflex speakers with 70Hz QB4 front port alignment"

Egg 150 manual says

"Bass reflex speakers with 50Hz QB4 front port alignment
Speaker effective internal volume: 14 Litres"

Also a 2k crossover to a Monacor SPH-165 on the 150s, which is lower than the 2.5k Monacor recommend for the tweeter. Hence the "Thermal tweeter protection with automatic cut out and reset" !

Looks like they go up to 145 degrees C here Resettable Thermal Fuses RS Components. I wonder what temperature you'd need to prevent a fried egg?

Edit: Just noticed the Egg 150s have a common ground connection for the drivers so they use 4 pole Speakons with 1 pole for the LED.

Last edited:
For me, this my longest print ever an epic 22 hours of hatching and my first ever printing with flex. Lots of stringing and print artifacts but some of that I should be able to tune out.

They have a honeycomb in fill and that makes them softer when squeezing from the sides but not so much from top to bottom.

The stands are soft and have the desired effect of preventing the speaker from sliding around as they do on the Orange prototypes.

Spose I'd better sort out the speakers next.

Attachments

• IMG_6525.jpg
    IMG_6525.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 129
  • IMG_6526.jpg
    IMG_6526.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_6527.jpg
    IMG_6527.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_6528.jpg
    IMG_6528.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_6529.jpg
    IMG_6529.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 135
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.