Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Egg-closures
Egg-closures
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM   #71
garym999 is offline garym999  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

BS50 TRIBUTE | Elipson... even comes with its own frying pan
Old Today, 02:30 AM   #72
AllenB is offline AllenB  Australia
diyAudio Moderator

Egg-closures
Quote:
Originally Posted by garym999 View Post
TPE flexible filament.
I can see this being even more useful with high damping. I wonder whether DIYers will try to extrude their own filaments.

If you play table tennis with a rotten egg, it goes ping and then pong.
Old Today, 06:34 AM   #73
kokoriantz is offline kokoriantz  Lebanon
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyiggy View Post
Definitly there is something with french & eggs, perhaps the C2C design : cake to karma ?

Elipson Eggs - Google Search

cabasse sphere - Google Search

The one I like most is the hard-boiled egg from Elipson already open with its half difusor : There should be definitly something crazy at listening it in the morning while eating two pan fried eggs . Look : BS50 TRIBUTE | Elipson !

Btw more seriously, something that could be drole is an experiment à la Linkwitz (rip) : the egg reversed -i.e. with the top fliped 180% above the top of the tube firering towards the ceilling à la Audiophysik loudspeakers
I wonder why no one sees the musical instrument shape as the mandolin or the aoud. The focal publicity for it's egg shape, shows how internal reflections have varying lengths thus wide band or low Q resonance.
Old Today, 07:40 AM   #74
freddi is offline freddi  United States
diyAudio Member

Egg-closures
how might one determine a useful curved reflector for a Karlson type enclosure?

Karlson's 2nd and final Acoustic Transducers patent stated it was possible to lessen the effects of parallel walls in the coupler's front chamber.

Karlson's "X15" system introduced in 1965 employed a 3 panel approximation of a quarter ellipse shown in Fig.6

Click the image to open in full size.

-

Egg-closuresHide this!Advertise here!