Teenage Wall Speaker 50$

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Assembly and etc. pictures

Attachments

• IMG_0307e.jpg
    IMG_0307e.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0310e.jpg
    IMG_0310e.jpg
    765.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0313e.jpg
    IMG_0313e.jpg
    949.6 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0314e.jpg
    IMG_0314e.jpg
    783.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    732.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    494 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    484.6 KB · Views: 47
Speakers seems to be working ok. I listened to FM radio stations and speakers play that like it suppose to. I have had disappointments with hifi purchases occasionally, but this DIY speaker doesn't disappoint me. There is enough lows, mids and highs in sound. The speaker draws nice stereo picture. ;)

Listening to FM radiostations. I noticed at loud volume that there is one note bass sound. I was supiscious that there was wrong size reflextubes or speakers too close to walls. I was wrong it seems that my room has some nasty modes at 55Hz.

Attachments

• Leq fin.6. Jul 2020.10.27.33.png
    Leq fin.6. Jul 2020.10.27.33.png
    196.3 KB · Views: 36
DIY Teen Wall Speakers and in this case little bit modified Teens had originally companied with Teen"bomb"-activesubwoofer. I viewed used gears locally and found bandpass passive subwoofeer. Exactly similar what I had my later school years 20 years ago. Precise model is Audiowell SW-80 (by Olavi Räsänen - OR). Max. 100W and 8 ohms. I has pass through for main speakers. The Teens lost slightly low end power, but Audiowell plays those and goes little bit lower. Overall system is limited by its components radiotuner and vacuum tube amplifier with 2x10W.

My vacuum tube amp doesn't have enough power to drive everything. I ordered Behringer KM750 PA-poweramp and I thought I would connect it to straight radiotuner and set sensitivity to 1,4V and control volume with gain-knobs. Left+right would have separate knobs.

KM750

Professional 750-Watt Stereo Power Amplifier with ATR (Accelerated Transient Response)

2 x 400 Watts into 4 Ohms; 2 x 200 Watts into 8 Ohms; 750 Watts into 8 Ohms (bridge mode)
ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate punch and clarity
Switchable limiters offer maximum output level with reliable overload protection
Precise power, signal and clip LEDs to monitor performance
XLR, 1/4'' TRS and RCA input connectors for compatibility with any source
Professional speaker connectors and "touch-proof" binding posts support most speaker wiring systems
Independent DC and short circuit protection on each channel automatically protects amplifier and speakers
High-current toroidal transformer for ultra-high transient response and absolute reliability
Active cooling on heatsink
"Built-like-a-tank" impact-resistant, all-steel 2U rackmount chassis
3-Year Warranty Program*
Designed and engineered in Germany

Last edited:
In the web site is example videos to hear how speakers work with high load.

I am in process of thinking to add CNC machined bracing boards to enclosures. I will need 5 boards per speaker. 1. there will be enough air flow thorugh and 2. most of tech is glued and wired to front board so there will be space for that. 3. air thightness and gluing things togeather. 4. paint finish etc.

But there is cost for that and thinking how well? speakers play already. I am little hasitating should I do it. Maybe sooner or later.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.