Long binding posts for Sonotube (AUS)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I'm in the middle of building my sonotube sub which has a baffle thickness of 36mm. The speaker is down firing and the terminals will be mounted on the baffle. As such I need some really long speaker terminals to be able to get through this thickness. I don't necessarily need them 36mm+ but regular ones are just too short, the longer the better.

I realise that partsxpress have them but they are a long way away from Melbourne Australia and paying $20us postage for a few nuts and bolts seems extravagent to say the least. So, to my question, does anyone know of a supplier of reasonably long binding posts somewhere in Australia?

Thanks in advance
Rod

Just an idea...

You could use a drill or router to create blind holes 10 or 20 mm deep for a normal length binding post to mount in.

If you are using banana plugs you can mount them the opposite way as shown in the picture and they would be flush with the baffle for a clean look. Or you can make a bigger single recess instead of two individual holes.

Attachments

• blind hole spkr post.jpg
    blind hole spkr post.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 127
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.