Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Harbeth SHL5 Plus Rosewood with Stands
Harbeth SHL5 Plus Rosewood with Stands
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2020, 07:48 PM   #1
thompsontechs is offline thompsontechs  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Harbeth SHL5 Plus Rosewood with Stands

I'm in deep, here folk, I found a pair on AG and couldn't stop myself from hitting the buy button... what have I done!

$4200 shipped

So now I have Tekton DI ext crossed, Pure Audio Horn 1 and Harbeth.

Here is the thoght on it. I work for myself and have been off for the virus, you can't get unemployment, from the state, but got it from the Fed under PUA. They dropped 6K in my account, I paid off the CC and had $4500 left over... Free Harbeth anyone. lol.
Old Yesterday, 07:21 PM   #2
system7 is offline system7  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

My friend, I envy you!

Amidst all my messing about with speakers like this:

Click the image to open in full size.

If I had $4000 that had no more pressing needs, I'd just do the simple thing and buy some Harbeth Super HL5 plus!

These speakers attract a fanatical following. Partly because the look like speakers ought to look, IMO. YouTube

And Rosewood? The best! Lush.

Guess I'll just have to struggle on with cheapish. I like this one: SP38/13

Let us know how they work out. A speaker for all seasons, one feels.
Old Yesterday, 07:43 PM   #3
thompsontechs is offline thompsontechs  United States
diyAudio Member

The A26 design comes close to the SHL5+ and in some areas, I hear it's better. I also went that route, but decided I wanted one pair of speakers that aren't tinkered with.

The should be here end of next week... I have a spot and amps ready to go.
Old Yesterday, 08:22 PM   #4
waxx is offline waxx  Belgium
diyAudio Member

I heared that speaker, and there is a reason why they are so popular, it's probally the speaker i like the most of all the speakers i heared in recent years (and i heared a lot). It has a very transparant sound with a natural feel and no ear fatigue factor at all. It's also one of the very few multiway speakers where i don't hear the crossover filter and it doesn't bother me at all that it's crossovered in the middle of the frequency band (300-5000hz) where i don't like it.

Harbeth SHL5 Plus Rosewood with StandsHide this!Advertise here!