Help! UMIK-1 - Minidsp - Openbaffle -

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to all!

I have been doing a long term project and for 5 or 6 years the idea led to me where i am now...the crossover phase.

I have a good soundcard, the mini dsp 2x4, the Umik1 and my 4 amps.

I have a open baffle speaker (2 way). One full range and 2 woofers in each speaker.

I've been reading some documentation about the Rew software and MiniDsp.

Can someone tell me exactly what steps do i have to do now? i have some doubts. So, to start, i think i have regulate my driver volumes so they match. I measured the full range driver and adjusted the volume to 75db, also did this on the woofer to the exact same volume.

Done this with the Rew software, in generator. A pink noise in a "speaker cal" option. The mic was on the listening position pointing to the speaker it was measuring.

If this is correct, what now? i did a measurement but my results seam a little strange.

Thank you

Prototyping a 4-way open-baffle speaker with the miniDSP 2x4
Refining a 4-way open-baffle speaker with the miniDSP 2x4

In short:
Put one speaker in the middle of the room facing a corner and mic on a stand 1m distance at height of the fullrange.
First equalize woofer and fullrange to have flat response in as wide frequency range as possible (or at least one octave past intended crossover frequency) Low frequency of the woofer is difficult or impossible to get really smooth,because of in-room reflections and modes.
Set levels to match
Set crossover filters
Find appropriate delay for the fullrange, to get best possible summation at xo
Copy these setting for the other speaker
Enjoy and find the best location for the speakers and listening spot.

Have fun!
Juha

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.