Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

Recommendations for a small HT speaker
Recommendations for a small HT speaker
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd June 2004, 08:17 PM   #1
Alain is offline Alain  Canada
diyAudio Member

Default Recommendations for a small HT speaker

I am looking for a small two-way HT speaker DIY design(lets say less than 50 cm high). Any suggestions?

Any suggestion for a power sub?
Old 3rd June 2004, 10:37 PM   #2
coolkhoa is offline coolkhoa  United States
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to coolkhoa Send a message via MSN to coolkhoa Send a message via Yahoo to coolkhoa
Others have recommended the Audax Home Theater System, and I have a feeling it sounds great.
Old 4th June 2004, 01:50 AM   #3
Ken L is offline Ken L  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Re: Recommendations for a small HT speaker

Quote:
Originally posted by Alain
I am looking for a small two-way HT speaker DIY design(lets say less than 50 cm high). .....a power sub?
My brother-in-law built vifa AV's - for his front three and used his previous speakers for his rears.

http://www.madisound.com/vifa_av.html

I always thought they sounded nice - a few months ago when were visiting we watched a movie - I was impressed at how well the Vifa's sounded on HT - He was using an NHT1259 sub from the madisound design with a 200 watt plate amp-

For a couple of years I had Scan-speak solists for HT which were somewhat larger and more expensive - I thought the vifas acquitted themselves very well for the size and price.

My son now has all 5 of my Scan-Speaks since I'm into horns now _big grin_ I have a pair of NHT1259's that I kept -

He asked me to look around for him and pick out a sub - after looking around - I suggested he get the Adire Rava and pay $25.00 for the driver upgrade - $475 with freight

http://www.adireaudio.com/StockProdu...d_speakers.htm

While I am sure there are a numbe of other combinations _grin_

For a front three of Vifa AV's at $660 plus freight and a total cost of about $1200 including cabinets- ( use your current speakers for the rears) it would be hard to beat the size - price - benefits of that setup for HT

If you built your cabinets, that would bring the cost down somewhat

Regards

Ken L

Recommendations for a small HT speakerHide this!Advertise here!