Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Multi-Way Conventional loudspeakers with crossovers

3"-75mm-apex diameter wave guide for SS 10FF
3"-75mm-apex diameter wave guide for SS 10FF
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th May 2020, 04:50 PM   #41
diyiggy is offline diyiggy
diyAudio Member

Thank you Joseph Crow for chiming in.

I will have a look at it. I rarely look at this brand because too much expensive for me. They have an excelent reputation with their sandwich foam core cones a la Focal. I remember now they are known to have a light sound signature that may marry well with the ScanSpeak 10F. I pre planed a Faital 15PR400 or the best on paper Faital 15HF250 for the XO... Some say the PR has more details, others say the HF has better low end and lower VAS ut less details. Also I fear about the match : the Faital 15PR400 is said to be on the smooth side of the paper signature though full of details for a PA driver ! We can source them at less than 200 euros in Europe where I'm based... and my monney is well...low (jobless, though some harded saved monney but very small for pleasure)

I know you are on high efficienty speakers with horns with much spl needs than I plan. Do you think the Eton is doable in an home environment. Is 112 db - 9.5 dB = 102.5 db for 3 meters listening position and peak is enough please ?

Hard to know the headroom between the average listening level and dynamic peaks in most of the digital recordings. I assume my average listening spl volume is near 75/80 db... but what is making the music life is these transcients one calls Dynamic (difference between the lowest and the highest spl in an instant = short windows time = around 0.3 second attacks with the fastest unpluged instruments from an orchestra ?

3"-75mm-apex diameter wave guide for SS 10FFHide this!Advertise here!