Better then sb12pac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I think sb12pac sounds just fantastic!

but as always, it does not matter how good things are, we just want more, in my case i want a tad more bass reach, not much, only slightly

a small 4.5" midwoofer with a free air resonace at ~45hz and total Q of 0.3 would suit my needs perfect, any ideas?

Something like the peerless 830855 might do bass in a smaller ported enclosure, but at 4 inches, there are going to be a lot of tradeoffs. I would say the sb12pac is better overall, and if you make a solution that comfortably reaches 80hz, turning it into a 2.1 setup is a much better idea if it needs to be compact

The 12PAC PR will not help. With a single it's useless but 2 helps but fine tuning is an issue.

Better to increase the Fb to give the roll off a hump which gives a more balanced bottom end. I've tuned mine to 78Hz which gives an F3=72Hz.

See pic... green vented, purple PRx2.

I've used a few 4" midwoofers such as the 830870, NE123W-08 but they don't go lower. The best for a bit of more bottom end is SB12NRX25-4 as it can give an F3 below 60Hz. Look at Jeff Bagby's article on the Soprano and note the suggested vent tuning to give a roll off hump.

Attachments

• RZ_SB12tuning.jpg
    RZ_SB12tuning.jpg
    115.3 KB · Views: 262
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.