Working the crossover for better impedance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So, did you actually follow any of my recommendations?

I did but it’s not working for my fronts due to space constraint.
My room has no space from either sides of my fronts. They can be pulled CLOSER together, but not farther.
That would be less ideal, no? Because they’re already only 6 feet apart, and my Listening position is at 10 ft. The max I can do is push them back towards the walls abit. I did move the subwoofer a little bit out of the corner, and into the room diagonally.

Also, I think the dips might be my room reflections, as it’s not treated at all. Bare walls, and no carpeting, marble flooring. Have some furniture and TV around snd curtains, and that’s it. Basic.

You’ve helped a ton and I thank you for that! I am not disregarding your guidelines!
Maybe if you see this, you could better understand the space I am working with. Its very much far from ideal!

Attachments

• FEFEC379-54D8-4490-AC39-AC9D3317D971.jpeg
    FEFEC379-54D8-4490-AC39-AC9D3317D971.jpeg
    273.4 KB · Views: 94
Kustomize123, if you still have this project on the back-burner, you may be interested in MIchael Chua's take on the drivers in the Zaph|Audio - ZA5 Speaker Designs with ZA14W08 woofer and Vifa DQ25SC16-04 tweeter, ZA5.3t.

Swift 2.5 (Zaph ZA14W08 with Peerless DQ25SC16-04) – AmpsLab

Mike feels the impedance is comfortable. And the tweeter can't be wildly different.

Worth an email for details and a bit of simming, I think. Not usually hard to redesign a tweeter filter for higher impedance either. Smaller cap, bigger coil and a resistor in front of the filter. Hope it helps.

Kustomize123, if you still have this project on the back-burner, you may be interested in MIchael Chua's take on the drivers in the Zaph|Audio - ZA5 Speaker Designs with ZA14W08 woofer and Vifa DQ25SC16-04 tweeter, ZA5.3t.

Swift 2.5 (Zaph ZA14W08 with Peerless DQ25SC16-04) – AmpsLab

Mike feels the impedance is comfortable. And the tweeter can't be wildly different.

Worth an email for details and a bit of simming, I think. Not usually hard to redesign a tweeter filter for higher impedance either. Smaller cap, bigger coil and a resistor in front of the filter. Hope it helps.

Thankyou Steve!

I have contacted Michael and will surely be giving this a try!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.