.zma & .frd for SS 18W/8545-00

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wonder why you'd need to model it at all, since Troels Gravesen has done most of the heavy lifting already:

Compact-Studio-Monitor

The 00 actually looks easier than the K00 he used.

Once you have defined the bass filter, the tweeter just falls into place:

715080d1542008118-restoring-monitor-audio-r300-bookshelf-speakers-steen-duelund-1-414-root-2-png

Here at 3kHz.

I wonder why you'd need to model it at all, since Troels Gravesen has done most of the heavy lifting already:

Compact-Studio-Monitor

715080d1542008118-restoring-monitor-audio-r300-bookshelf-speakers-steen-duelund-1-414-root-2-png

Here at 3kHz.

Frankly, i've got no idea what Im doing.. Trying to make a crossover for my 18W8545 + D2905/97000 by modifying his Amish build for the enclosure I want to use.

The crossover tutorial said to gather FRD and ZMA files, so I was planning to draw up his filter, load files and figure it out from there :)

Last edited by a moderator:
What you need is a little free program that will trace the graphs for you, like this: FPGraphTracer : fprawn labs

Sometimes if the multitude of lines confuses the program, it helps to copy it to MS Paint and zoom in and erase some of the off-axis or even graph grid lines you don't want to copy before you paste it into the tracing program.

See post #7 in this thread for some more info. And maybe give that whole thread a thorough read too.

Compact-Studio-Monitor

Here at 3kHz.

Thanks for your comment. My main goal here is to learn from the process, so I'm getting more and more curious the more I think about your post.

Can you elaborate the process you are thinking about a little more? If understand what you are saying, I could use the pictured graph to design the bass-part of the crossover, and then add the tweeter from there. Is that correct? Sound really interesting!

TIA

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.