Purifi PTT6.5W04 or Wavecor WF182BD10 or Seas H1215

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

New to DIY and wanting to make a Awesome Top Level sounding 2 way BS pair

Was reading on great reviews on Purifi Drivers but not much work done out yet since its new. Its expensive and was looking at a good option to Purifi will the
Wavecor WF182BD10 woofer/ SEAS H1215-08/ SEAS H1224-08 be able to compete with the Purifi if someone can throw some light on. I do not wish to use a 3 way or add a subwoofer. Desire is to have the best 2 way Bookshelf room size is 14x20ft

Would like to go Active with miniDSP and Hypex or ICE class D amps.

Do not want to go the passive route.

regards
Rajeev S

Last edited by a moderator:
New to DIY and wanting to make a Awesome Top Level sounding 2 way BS pair
I know it isn't what you want to hear, but if you don't have designing experience and want an awesome result, it's better you build a proven design.
If you want to design, this is fine, but you need to have measurement equipment and expect failures, and lot of money used.

Ralf

There is a friendly German in the neighbourhood that does great job when designing loudspeakers. I haven't found a two way of the kind that is provided with such a high resolution measurements - and they look great.

DXT-MON 182 | Monitor | Referenz-Lautsprecher

I've been building my own from scratch since 2012, and I've seen lots of published designs over the years, and that design looks very good. Obviously you can't beat listening, but you won't see measurements much better than that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.